Friday, October 6, 2023

Chanticleer Garden

In need of a break from politics I took the day off and visited Chanticleer Garden in Wayne, a suburb of Philadelphia near Valley Forge.  What a wonderful experience.  I thought there wouldn’t be many flowers in October, but blooms were everywhere. 


The path around the garden is about a mile long, and you pass a folly, a pond with aquatic plants and koi fish, a stream side garden, and even a vegetable garden.  (Once a week the gardeners take vegetables to a local food bank).  The garden is more than flowers; interspersed are large trees.  For people who don’t know the names of flowers (like me), the garden provides flower identification boards at various places along the way.


My recommendation is to go during the week from Wednesday to Friday.  On Saturday and Sunday you need parking reservations. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. Might go see it the next time I'm in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add the price is $12, but definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete