Sunday, March 20, 2011

NPR

I don’t listen to NPR.  The few times I’ve heard it by accident, the announcers always sound like really sincere people who don’t smile much.  Nevertheless, from everything I’ve read and heard about NPR, it reports the news reasonably straight and in an unbiased manner.  Which brings up an interesting point:  the Right in this country has such a skewed view that it sees unbiased news as left wing.  Truth is left wing.  Science is left wing.  Objectivity is left wing.  
I read reports of what the NPR fundraiser said to the fake guy in the so-called sting operation.  It seemed to me that everything he said was self-evident.  I don’t see why he needed to quit or apologize.  
As for cutting off funding, NPR would be better off if it did not rely on the government.  It should announce that it was depending on private donations.  Then it could tell the Republicans in Congress to keep their funding and stick it.  Objectively.

Note
One of my readers asked me why I bought a Honda instead of a car made in the USA.  My Honda was made in the USA--I  think in Alabama.  

2 comments:

  1. I know that. But, most of the parts are imported and the assembly is done in Alabama.
    That is also true with American cars. Its really sad that we do not make anything completey in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also should be noted that the video was heavily edited and the fundraiser was actually paraphrasing what was said to him by two prominent republicans.

    ReplyDelete