Sunday, March 6, 2011

WWJD

In November 2006 Bush administration officials said that children born unto undocumented immigrants with low incomes would no longer be automatically entitled to health insurance through Medicaid.  Papers had to be filled out by the parents to prove the child’s citizenship.  Doctors doubted that many parents would do that.
Atheist that I am, I nevertheless often attend church with my wife.  The minister is politically liberal, and I usually like her selection of hymns.  This morning’s lesson was from Matthew, Chapter 25.  That is the passage where Christ separates the sheep and the goats.  I’ll quote a relevant portion.
41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat:  I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43  I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44  Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into life eternal.
If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment