Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Taxes

In 2010 General Electric reported profits in the U.S. of $5.1 billion. Total profits from all G.E. operations came to $14.2 billion.

I am paying more tax on my 2010 income than G.E. is paying. G.E., as you may have read, is not paying any. Nada. Zip.

Recently President Obama appointed Jeffrey R. Immelt, G.E.’s chief executive, to chair the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. President Obama said of Mr. Immelt: “He understands what it takes for America to compete in the global economy.”

I wish the United States had a party of the left. It would make a nice addition to our parties of the middle and the far right.

2 comments:

  1. I must have something in common with GE. I will pay any taxes to the Fed or State Gov't. Although, my earnings are a little less than GE's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a staunch supporter of our President, but I have a very very big problem with this appointment, and have signed petitions to have him removed.

    ReplyDelete