Saturday, March 19, 2011

Staying on the offensive

When you enter a business and Fox is on the television, speak up.  If the manager doesn’t listen, go higher.  Here’s a copy of a letter I recently sent to my Honda dealership about the Fox “News” channel after the manager told me the television had to stay tuned to Fox.  I also sent a copy to the Honda Corporation of America.
My wife and I purchased a Honda Fit from your dealership in the fall of 2009.  We were quite happy with the price, your salesman, and the service you have provided since our purchase.  
What we are not happy with is that your customers musty watch Fox “News” while they are waiting for their cars to be serviced.  Evidently you require that Fox play continuously in the waiting room.  At least four of Fox’s commentators are potential Republican presidential candidates, and the coverage and commentary is invariably slanted to the right.  What is worse, Fox features people like Glen Beck and Hannity who encourage paranoia, hatred, and even violence.
Other less political channels are available--the Weather Channel, ESPN, CNN, Animal Planet, Turner Classic movies--to name a few.  I am asking you to stop the propaganda and give your customers a pleasant waiting experience and their own choice in television viewing.
I’ll let you know the results.

3 comments:

  1. Why did you buy a Honda in the first place??
    What about Made in the USA. Then you would not have to listen to that propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, because for years, they have made some of the best cars in the U.S. I just researched small SUVs for the past three months, and the highest rated vehicles were made by Subaru and Honda. My tactic in these waiting rooms is to turn off the TVs. Very few customers are watching anyway. I find it intrusive, not entertaining. I complimented Wentz Autobody recently for providing me with a quiet, TV free waiting room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously you are dealing with a right wing extremist. When I've had similar situations happen, I tell the individual (preferably the owner), that I will not be dealing with them in the future no matter how good of a business they run. There are always other options. It is a wise business person that doesn't alienate customers. When they start losing too many customers they might change their ways. After all it's always about the money! Ever wonder why national business' don't show their political opinions? They just work with people like Karl Rove, where they can hide their political leanings.

    ReplyDelete