Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Smart move

Every so often I do something really smart. Asking my friends to provide guest postings while I was in Alabama and Mississippi was a good decision. Teacher tenure, talk radio, Demo party philosophy, Heffley’s secret town hall--great topics and great writing. Thank you, guest bloggers. Great job.

Highlights of my trip were a visit to the Bear Bryant museum, a meal at Mizz Maggie’s restaurant in Tuscaloosa, eating Full Moon barbecue, and seeing “Rowan Oak,” William Faulkner’s house in Oxford, Mississippi.

The low point was getting food poisoning in Tennessee and visiting rest stops along I-81.

I did notice that Alabama and Mississippi are not cutting their education budgets. Whatever is wrong with Pennsylvania?

1 comment:

  1. Pennsylvania ranks number 12 in the country for amount spent per student. Alabama and Mississippi are numbers 35 and 39, respectively. In 2007-08, the graduation rate in Pennsylvania is 82.7, for Alabama and Mississippi, it is 69 and 63.9 percent. If we keep it up, we'll be right down there with our friends in the deep south.

    Info found here: http://tinyurl.com/39gj6nc

    ReplyDelete