Sunday, July 17, 2011

Light Bulbs and Abortion

Here’s a copy of my letter to Rep. Michael Burgess of Texas.  Mr. Burgess recently introduced a bill to roll back the requirement passed in 2007 during the Bush Administration to phase out the old incandescent light bulbs.
Rep. Michael C. Burgess, M.D.
Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Dear Rep. Burgess:
I want to congratulate you for your effort to eliminate the requirement to use swirly light bulbs.  At a time when the country is suffering over 9% unemployment, faces a major crisis over the debt ceiling bill, and confronts global warming, it is good to know there are members of Congress who can see what is really important.
Incidentally, I wonder if you also oppose government intrusion between a woman who wants to terminate her pregnancy and her doctor.  That is probably right up there with government intrusion into the purchase of a hundred-watt incandescent bulb.
Sincerely,
Roy Christman, Ph.D.
I’ll post his reply.

P.S.:  I should note that  "geojr" in a comment brought up a good point  that I had not considered in my post about the proposed turnpike interchange near 903.  My only response to his comment would be that the end result of the interchange will be to encourage even more development far from any urban area.  

No comments:

Post a Comment