Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sunday hunting

Right now Pennsylvania does not allow hunting on Sundays.  I think this is a wise policy--it is the one day a week during hunting season when people can walk in the woods and not have to worry about wearing bright colors or dodging bullets.  Not that I have anything against hunting--I have a license, and I do hunt.  I just think it is nice for both people and animals to have a respite at least one day a week.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission is now considering changing the rules to allow Sunday hunting.  The Pennsylvania State Grange is opposed to this, and most member farmers are also opposed.  The Game Commission likes when farmers allow hunting on their fields and woodland, and we do that.  We don’t welcome snowmobiles or ATVs, but we have  welcomed hunters. 
Anyway, I will be writing to the Game Commission to let them know that if the Commission decides to allow Sunday hunting, hunters won’t be able to hunt on our land any day of the week.  Maybe that will gain their attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment