Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Katie McGinty


Tonight I met Katie McGinty, candidate for the Democratic nomination for Governor, at a “meet and greet” at Kelly’s Irish Pub in Lansford.  I had been leaning her way even before tonight; people who attended the issues forum at Lehigh earlier this year raved about her.  

Tonight I made my decision.  We have some great Democratic candidates, but she is the one I’m voting for.  Good on the environment, good on education, good on economic policy, and experienced at running both businesses and government agencies.  Unfortunately she doesn’t have the money that Wolfe and McCord have, but I think she is a better candidate, and she just may win the primary.  I hope so.

By the way, I missed last night.  I was shoveling snow and ice off the roof to prevent a collapse, and I overdid it.  When I finished shoveling, I went straight to bed.  It was a reminder that I am no spring chicken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment