Friday, February 14, 2014

Philomena


This was a movie I did not want to see.  I thought it was a dreaded “‘chick flick,” a weepie, and, worst of all, nothing blows up.  Nonetheless, it was showing at the Mahoning Theater, it was Valentine’s Day, and Linda wanted to see it.  Plus, we had convinced the theater’s manager that there was a market for serious movies, and we wanted to support him for booking the film, which has been nominated for four academy awards, including best picture.

So I went.

I am so glad I did.  It has elements of a mystery solved, Judi Dench is absolutely wonderful, and the film exposes an injustice of the Irish Catholic Church actually selling babies for adoption.

Here’s another reason to see the film.  Because of my connections, I am able to offer you a discounted ticket.  Just email <lachris@ptd.net> and you will receive a coupon for a discount.  

No comments:

Post a Comment