Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Alvin on the No Fly List

Alvin the Chipmunk is on the “No Fly List.”  Yes, I went to see the latest chipmunk movie.  The villain in the film is a federal air marshal, and the TSA checkers don’t come off very well either.  

When I taught the political films class at San Jose State, I interpreted “political film” very widely.  While I probably wouldn’t include the chipmunk movie, it illustrates that many Americans are tired of the airport checks they must all go through.

Imagine a film that made fun of air marshals and the TSA checkpoints in 2002.  No way.  But now they are both fair game.


By the way, Simon and Theodore are also on the No Fly list, although presumably they all can buy assault weapons, if gun dealers would be willing to sell those to a chipmunk.  I’m guessing they would.

No comments:

Post a Comment