Sunday, July 3, 2016

Gov. Tom Wolf, slow learner

When I’m on vacation, I have all my newspapers saved.  I can’t bear to miss anything.  I’m up to June 18 in the Morning Call, and I see that Gov. Wolf selected a Republican Superior Court Judge to fill a vacancy in the state Supreme Court.  This in spite of the fact that she was not on the list of judges ranked by merit by Wolf’s own panel.

The reporter, Chris Brennan, speculated that Wolf was trying to curry favor with Republican legislators prior to the budget battle.

This action comes a few weeks after Wolf fired Secretary Quigley, an excellent DEP head, for trying to protect the environment, which is what one assumes the head of the Department of Environmental Protection would do.  Evidently Republicans and a few Democratic friends of industry pressured Wolf on Quigley, and he caved.

What Wolf still hasn’t realized is that Pennsylvania legislators like Doyle Heffley and Jerry Knowles are interested in pushing a hard right agenda.  They will not be impressed by his attempts to compromise.


Maybe I should quit reading old newspapers.  It’s too upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment