Friday, July 29, 2016

The PennEast/UGI draft environmental impact statement

I just spent the entire day plowing through the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s PennEast/UGI draft EIS on the proposed pipeline.  It was not fun.  I found an incomplete report, a number of actual errors, and a conclusion that any ill effects of the pipeline can be mitigated.  

I learned that the pipeline will not affect property values.  Will not affect insurance rates.  Is totally safe.  Will increase tax revenues.  Will be carefully monitored.

I ended up with four pages of comments.  Do you know how long a time the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission grants people to make comments at the upcoming hearing on the EIS?  Five minutes.


That might be cut to three if too many people wish to testify.  Since the conclusion that the pipeline is a good idea appears on the first page of the transmittal letter, it might not matter, but I do plan to speak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment