Sunday, July 31, 2016

Late Summer Chorus

The dandelions and phlox are long gone and the day lilies are past, but the Queen Anne’s Lace has been in bloom for the last two weeks along with the chicory, those blue flowers that grow along side our highways.  Soon the goldenrods will be in full flower. 

It is a little early for Queen Anne’s Lace, but this early bloom is another one of those harbingers of global warming.


Tonight I heard a rain frog, and the chorus of katydids and crickets, a sound I have always associated with late summer, is making its August racket.  The Eastern Pennsylvania evening chorus has to be one of the most beautiful sounds on our planet.

2 comments:

  1. Late summer is certainly beautiful, but I could do without the hay fever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seen that my Red Grapes are beginning to ripen color. Usually it happens in Mid August.

    ReplyDelete