Saturday, November 10, 2018

Stupid farmers


The 9th Congressional District had a farmer running for Congress.  Denny Wolff was a dairy farmer.  He knew statewide ag issues.  He had been Secretary of Agriculture in Pennsylvania.  He was an expert on selling Pennsylvania agricultural products abroad.  He had an A rating from the NRA (which I didn’t particularly like), he was kind of soft on pipelines (which I also didn’t like), and he was even kind of moderate on abortion issues (which I hated).  Nonetheless, when compared to his Republican opponent, a carpet bagger and one percenter who never did honest work in his life, Denny Wolff was the obvious choice for farmers.

But he was a Democrat.  So farmers in the 9th District, and I know some of them, went in and pulled the lever for the Republican.  They couldn’t get past their party affiliation.  They couldn’t even vote their self-interest or that of fellow farmers.

Am I bitter?  Of course I’m bitter.  Why wouldn’t I be?


And if they don’t like being called stupid, my advice is to quit being politically correct.  Stupid is the right word.

No comments:

Post a Comment