Friday, November 9, 2018

Turning 76, and more

Late yesterday afternoon I participated in a rally in Jim Thorpe in front of the Courthouse annex on behalf of Bob Mueller.  About 25 people showed up, Channel 13 covered the rally, and we were one of hundreds of rallies across the country.  My sign said, “No one is above the law–Magna Carta, 1215.”

Second, I am amazed that the acting Attorney General thinks that Marbury v. Madison (1803) was a bad decision.  For those of you who have forgotten your political science, that was the first case in which the Supreme Court decided that it had the power to declare a law unconstitutional.  Some branch had to do that, of course, if the Constitution was to be a meaningful document.  Now we have an acting A.G. who doesn’t get that fundamental fact.  


Finally, I have a birthday later this month.  I’ll be 76.  However, my friend Tom sent me an article about a Dutch guy who has brought a lawsuit to lower his age by 20 years from 69 to 49.  He says that if people can change their gender, he can change his age.  Evidently he is not getting many dating prospects at 69, but he thinks he will do better at 49.  Great idea!  I’ll be 56.  Please don’t send cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment