Saturday, January 19, 2019

Doyle Heffley takes a reasonable stand

If you are a long-time reader of this blog, you are expecting something snarky or sarcastic.  I regularly excoriate my state Representative Doyle Heffley for any number of wrong-headed positions and votes.  Two days ago, however, he attended an open house at the Trachsville Firehouse held to discuss over-crowding at Beltzville State Park, and he took a very reasonable stand.  

In a Times News article yesterday, Rep. Heffley noted that local residents were not unanimous in support of a fee to enter the park (I was one of the locals opposed to a fee) and said he was glad a study group from Penn State was examining the issue.  He said he was anxious to see what the study group recommended.  I appreciate that.


Note:  I know I get more hits on these posts when Trump is in the title.  I know that every day he does stuff that deserves comment, if just to correct the lies.  Nonetheless, I think he is covered way too much.  He isn’t worth it.    I’ll still write about him, but I’m trying to cut back. 

2 comments:

  1. I also had a talk with Doyle about the lake. My point was that he and fellow representatives need to properly fund the DCNR so that there is enough rangers and funding to handle the park and trash generation removal. He related that the 2008 financial crisis caused all lot of budget issues that never recovered. Something about funding regarding act 13. I must look at that on web to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what Act 13 did, but you are absolutely right that DCNR does not receive adequate funding. That's the bottom line. I'm glad you brought it up with Rep. Heffley.

    ReplyDelete