Monday, July 20, 2020

Goya Foods

When I was a student at Penn State, one of my roommates discovered that the owner of Schick Razors was an extreme right-winger.  He immediately threw his razor away.  I pointed out that it was a useless gesture, since he had already paid for it.  He said he didn’t care; he didn’t want the razor touching his face.

We have some cans of Goya pink beans and black beans in our pantry.  I have already paid for them, and I am not throwing them out.  At the same time, I can’t understand how the president of a company which sells largely to Mexican-Americans and Central Americans can praise Trump as a wonderful leader.  Has he not been following the news?

So I won’t be buying any more Goya Foods.  Trumpists, hearing about the boycott of Goya Foods, have jumped into the breach, filling their shopping carts with Goya foods that they’ve never before eaten.  What they don’t know is that Goya Foods have a secret ingredient, and if you eat more than three cans you will start talking Meskin.  

Adios, Amigos.

3 comments:

  1. Personally I would donate Goya cans to a local food bank. People who are hungry probably don't know about Goya's president and his love of individual one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beans, but I buy the Shoprite brand and they are just as good.

    ReplyDelete