Friday, July 31, 2020

Growing optimism

Every evening I call people from old lists of volunteers.  Some of the lists go back as far as the second Obama campaign in 2012.  I tell people I am the “sign guy” with the Biden campaign and ask them if they want a yard sign for Biden.  They almost always say yes.  At this rate in a few days we will have to order more.  Every day Linda and I drive around Carbon County and stick them into the yards.

The Trump signs are bigger, often with flags, but we are winning the sign wars.  This is in big contrast to 2016, when many people were reluctant to put up Hillary Clinton signs.  The other problem in 2016 was that we had to manufacture most of our own signs for the Clinton campaign.  

I’m starting to feel growing optimism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment