Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Signs don't vote

This is a mantra of professional campaign consultants when people ask for yard signs.  They argue that it is silly to spend money on signs; campaigns need to focus on direct mail, television ads, and on-line messaging.

Those consultants are wrong.  I am on a mission to get as many Biden yard signs up in Carbon County as possible.  I know from the 2016 Clinton campaign how discouraging it was to see Trump sign after Trump sign with no Clinton signs.  

Today, when we were on Gilberts Hill Drive we saw a Biden sign, and it was a psychological uplift.  What we were doing on Gilberts Hill Drive was delivering signs to a resident in East Penn Township.  We delivered yard signs to two residents in Polk Township in Monroe County, and to East Penn Township, Mahoning Township, Summit Hill (2), Lehighton (2) and Franklin Township.  This was after we replaced the large “This is Biden Country” sign across from MacDonalds that had been stolen.  

I’ve been calling Carbon County residents pushing the signs.  Tonight I got five more orders.  We are going to beat the Trumpists like a rented mule.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully they don't get torn down. Supporters of individual one will do that. I had a Duckworth sign at a prominent location and one of her opponent supporters put his sign right in front of mine. Turn about is fair play because I go back to make sure my signs are still up. So I pi\ut the Duckworth sign in front again. Whoever did that never came back and my sign remained prominent. I have other stories but you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people are so focused on the 2nd Amendment that they don't understand the First's guarantee of free speech.

    ReplyDelete