Friday, July 3, 2020

Stimulus funds for dead people

One expects a certain level of incompetence from the Trump administration.  All you have to do is look at Trump’s cabinet appointees, advisors, sycophants, and court jesters.,  Still, there are times when my mind is boggled.

The Treasury Department, working with the IRS, mailed more than a million stimulus payments to dead people.  The amount sent to dead people was $1.4 billion.  $1.4 BILLION.

I did get my check.  Most of it has gone to the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates. 

I found this info in Alan Rappeport, “$1.4 Billion in Stimulus Funds Were Sent to Dead People, Watchdog Finds,”  New York Times, (June 26, 2020), p. 5.  

2 comments:

  1. I will use mine to help pay my Property taxes, (Aka: rent on my house for another year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why it went to retired people. My social security payments and retirement income didn't change. Still, in my case, it will help the Democrats. I'm fairly certain that was not the intent.

    ReplyDelete