Saturday, September 26, 2020

Library cards

 The Center for Rural Pennsylvania’s most recent newsletter reported on library use in rural counties.  43% of all Pennsylvania residents have library cards, which puts us behind West Virginia and Mississippi.  


In Carbon County 22.1% of the residents have library cards.  I am suspicious of these numbers, however.  The data include libraries that reported information in both 2008 and 2018.  In Schuylkill County 32.1% of residents are said to have library cards.  There is no way the Skooks are ahead of Carbon in library cards.  Can they even read?  And Cameron County, even more in the sticks than Carbon, is listed as 98.4%.  That makes me distrust the whole article.  98.4%!  No way.


If I were an investigative reporter, I’d be making some phone calls.  But I’m just a blogger, so I won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment