Monday, September 28, 2020

Roads in Alaskan Wilderness

 Last Friday the Trump administration completed a plan to open up 9 million acres of the Tongass National Forest to logging and road construction.  The U.S. Forest Service said that logging and roads would not significantly harm the environment.


I have a feeling that most Americans, had they known about this proposed change, would oppose it.  I really believe that in general Americans have respect for the environment and want to preserve it.


The problem is, how many people know about this?  Where would they get this information?  I wouldn’t expect it in the Times News or on local newscasts.  That really isn’t their job.  


I doubt if the Hazleton Standard Speaker or the Allentown Morning Call would ever carry a story like that.  (I could be wrong about the Standard Speaker, but I know it was not covered in the Morning Call.)


MSNBC and CNN are too busy reporting the same stories over and over.  I don’t believe the evening news shows covered it.  Fox News wouldn’t touch it.  It won’t be on anyone’s Facebook page.  


How can the average citizen learn about this?  The Trump administration is making these significant changes all the time, under the radar, quietly wrecking America.

No comments:

Post a Comment