Sunday, September 24, 2023

Sen. Menendez should be in prison

He’s from New Jersey, so I shouldn’t be surprised at a little corruption, but this is over the top.  Gold bars!  Cash stuffed in suit pockets!  The wife as go-between with Egyptian military officials!  


I don’t know why the jury was unable to reach a verdict when Sen. Menendez was previously tried for corruption, but this time it looks like the authorities caught him with his hand in the financial cookie jar.  Whenever someone on my side (e.g., union official, Democratic legislator, cop), does something immoral or illegal, it bothers me far more than if some corporate tycoon or Republican congress member commits a crime.  It feels like a betrayal.  I hope Menendez does some hard time.  And no, I don’t need to wait for the trial.  

No comments:

Post a Comment