Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Border Problems for Biden

At the gym today (a phrase that still sounds strange to me) I said to a elderly woman with whom I have a nodding acquaintance, “Well, I hope we have a good 2024.”


She paused, and said, “Everything in the country seems turned upside down.  I really don’t want my tax money to pay for all of these illegals coming across the border.  I would much rather have it go to our own homeless people.”


Pictures of thousands of people crossing the border in a single day does not sit well with people.  It doesn’t sit well with me. 


Here is who is angry.  Mexican-Americans in Texas.  Northern city mayors who are now receiving an influx of immigrants.  American workers at the bottom of the pay scale.  Potential Asian and African immigrants who must follow procedures to get into the U.S.  Ordinary Americans.  


And I, who realizes that Biden is about to go down the tubes next November if something is not done, and soon.  At least he could give some speeches.  Blame the Republicans for lack of a comprehensive policy.  Put a comprehensive policy out there and dare them to vote on it.  Do something.  I am afraid come November 5, we are going down in flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment