Thursday, November 1, 2012

Planned last words


Yesterday Sandra and I were canvassing in Lehighton on Bankway and South First.  I was puffing as we walked up the hill, and Sandra asked, “You aren’t going to have a heart attack, are you?”

I told her, “If I do, I want you to tell everyone that my last words were ‘Vote for Obama.’”

Today we were canvassing on Franklin Avenue in Palmerton, and my heart started skipping beats.  I told Sandra I would drive to the hospital in Lehighton, but she insisted on taking me.  The hospital did an EKG, a chest X-ray, and various blood tests, and told me I was fine.  The irregular heart rate was probably a result of stress, but I will have to wear a “holter monitor” for two days to check things out.  

If it is more than stress, remember my last words.

1 comment:

  1. We voted early, glad we did because my wife was in the hospital two days later. It's another reason for early voting. I highly recommend it for everyone. You just never know.

    ReplyDelete