Friday, November 30, 2012

Support Texas Secession


There’s a movement in Texas to secede from the union.  This is a cause I can fully support.

No more will Dallas be able to call itself “America’s Team.”

No longer will we have to listen to tales about the brave defenders of the Alamo, whose basic goal was to change the laws of Mexico that forbade slavery.

No more will Texas drain off federal dollars.  That’s right.  Unlike Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey, Texas receives more federal dollars than it contributes.

We’ll lose a “red state.”  That’s ok with me.  I’m tired of those blowhards.  I will miss Austin and El Paso and San Antonio, but it sure will be nice to say goodbye to Waco and Midland and Lubbock and Dallas.

The downside is that we’ll have to redo the flag, but perhaps we can replace Texas with Puerto Rico.  That strikes me as a really good trade-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment