Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Whoops

Last night I noted that the NLRB usually takes weeks, if not months, to rule on a complaint.  Today, in an article in the Business Section of the Times, reporter Steven Greenhouse said that the NLRB will be ruling in a FEW DAYS on whether the picketing planned for various Wal-Marts on Friday is legal. 

Last night I also made a crack about readers coming up with bail money in case Linda and I are arrested on Friday morning.  If the NLRB does rule that the action is illegal, my glib attempt at humor doesn't seem so funny.

On the other hand, I am also a member of the American Civil Liberties Union.  I believe that I have a First Amendment right to hold up a sign in front of a store criticizing that store's labor policies.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment