Sunday, September 8, 2013

Typewriter repairman


When is the last time you used a typewriter?  If you are under 40, you probably never used one.  

Today the Times featured an obituary entitled “Manson Whitlock, 96, Repaired Typewriters.”  He was still repairing typewriters for people who bought them on eBay but had no idea how they worked.

I have two typewriters stored in the shed.  I would love to use them.  You don’t get carpel tunnel syndrome if you use a typewriter.  The big problem is that I have no idea where to buy ribbons. Staples doesn’t carry them.  

2 comments:

  1. You might give this web site a try.

    http://www.scantracker.com/typewriter_ribbons.html

    However , I think it is rather difficult to type your blog for use on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the website. I knew there must be a source for ribbons out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete