Monday, September 30, 2013

Mariano Rivera


You were expecting a post excoriating the Republican House, weren’t you?  Here’s the thing.  I’m so tired of those people I don’t even want to think about them.  

Instead let me tell you what Mariano Rivera said about his job as relief pitcher for the Yankees.  Mr. Rivera, who is retiring at age 43, has 652 regular-season saves and an amazing 42 saves in postseason.  He described his job thusly:  “I get the ball, I throw the ball, and then I take a shower.”

There’s a man you can admire.  

1 comment:

  1. Just goes to show how simple life can be. I have a simple cup of tea most mornings. I don't care for the bitter tea that the republicans are serving right now. They need to have a simple up or down vote in the house. In all likelyhood our current mess would be solved. But, insanity is prevailing!

    ReplyDelete