Saturday, August 13, 2016

Carbon County Fair ends

I need to thank people.  

First of all, when we were hit by a fast moving thundershower about 7:40 p.m., George and Marie helped me pack up, pull down the tent, and save our material from getting soaked.  I know THEY got soaked, and I am so grateful for their help.

Secondly, I am also grateful to the young man who asked me if I needed assistance in carrying out a bin to my truck.  His name was Jonathan, and he said he needed the exercise to get ready for soccer.  He also was soaked.  Thank you Jonathan.  (The time when I would have been insulted by a teenager asking if I needed assistance has long passed.)

I also appreciate Mike, our next door neighbor on the midway who operated the stuffed pretzel food truck.  Mike gave me all kinds of suggestions on how we could improve our booth to attract more passersby.  We don’t do nearly as well as the Republicans, and now I know why.


Finally, I want to thank the Hillary Clinton supporters who stopped by our Democratic Party booth to say how happy they were to see us there.  The Carbon County Fair attracts lots of Trump voters, and it was heartening to get positive feedback from Clinton supporters.

No comments:

Post a Comment