Wednesday, August 3, 2016

No guns allowed

In the wake of mass shootings and open carry laws, a number of restaurant chains have declared themselves “gun free” zones, including Starbucks, Chipoltle, Chili’s, and Panera Bread.

While I applaud this, I think there is something else the rest of us can do.  When you see a guy in a restaurant with a weapon on his hip, ask him what he is compensating for.  Is there some problem with masculinity at work here?  

We don’t have many opportunities in the modern world to prove our bravery, and this is one.  Last year there was a guy in the Republican Party booth at the Carbon County Fair who was carrying a gun on his hip.  If he is back this year, I plan to confront him.  It should be both interesting and fun.  


Unless I really set him off, I’ll let you know what happened. (And if he does shoot me, please see that the SOB spends the rest of his life in jail.)

No comments:

Post a Comment