Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Epipen

I’ve been depending on Epipens for quite a few years.  I learned that I was allergic to insect stings when I was in high school.  I was stung by a honey bee (I was in 4-H Bee Club), and rather quickly got hives, a headache, and, on the way to the doctor, a swollen throat that made breathing difficult.

I’ve used Epipens twice.  Once my uncle Leon gave me the shot after a wasp sting, and three years ago I gave myself the shot.  It’s actually rather easy.  You take the cap off and jab the “pen” into your thigh.  The shot is delivered automatically, right through your pants.

So yes, I do have a personal interest in the company that produces Epipens and raised the price through the roof while the CEO, who is the daughter of a U.S. Senator from West Virginia, added millions to her salary.


The problem in this country with medical care is not too much government control.  The problem is not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment