Friday, August 26, 2016

Lyme disease

Yesterday I went into the Lehighton Hospital to give blood for a lab test to determine if I have Lyme disease.  I’ve been having pain in my knee and hip joints, and Lyme disease is one of the reasons that might be happening.

Lyme disease is transmitted by ticks.  The ticks first breed on small mammals like mice and chipmunks, then move to deer.  We have a large number of deer in this area.  A few days ago I spotted eight of them feeding on the soybeans less than a half mile from our house during the middle of the afternoon.


What we need are some large predators.  Wolves, cougars, and coyotes would reduce the deer population.  I know this would not be popular with deer hunters in the neighborhood, but it certainly would meet my approval.

No comments:

Post a Comment