Friday, August 5, 2016

The opening ceremonies

Here are my conclusions after watching the opening ceremonies.

First, there are a lot of really good looking women out there.  Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, North America–the world is full of beautiful women.  Wow!

Secondly, I love seeing the pride of tiny countries field Olympic teams.  They probably won’t win any medals, but it is wonderful to see countries like Cook Islands, Chad, and Burkino Faso with teams in the Olympics.  How proud their fellow citizens must be to see them marching in.


Third, I love the U.S. team.  Our whole team is a rebuke to the ugly politics of Donald Trump.  I don’t consider myself a flag waver type guy, but tonight I’m waving our flag, and I am so proud to be an American.  We have a great country.

2 comments:

  1. Not according to Donald. His hat says it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed it. Went to Schuylkill fair last night.
    Great music entertainment. Local guy. Chad Reinard. The 9 o'clock show was group "Little Texas". I enjoyed both shows. Marie did not like Little Texas, not enough Country for her. Had a good Funnel cake for our dessert. I love local fairs. Just a great night out.

    ReplyDelete