Monday, August 29, 2016

Toomey's ad

Today the Allentown Morning Call did a wonderful thing.  It analyzed a political ad, in depth and objectively.  The ad was one that I have not seen (no surprise there), but it is a Toomey ad attacking McGinty for supporting the anti-nuke treaty with Iran.

In a very short and inadequate summary, the article noted that while some of the facts cited in the ad were correct, the ad missed the big picture of the purpose of the treaty with Iran.

My point is this.  This is one of the few times I have seen an article about a political campaign or campaign ad that was actually substantive.  Almost every article you read is about polls.  Who is ahead, who is behind, who is moving up or down, what demographic groups support which candidate.  


I sent an email to the editor telling her just how refreshing this article was.  I’m hoping to see similar articles in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment