Friday, June 8, 2018

Agent of China

If I praise China for its efforts to reduce pollution by investing in solar power while I criticize the U.S. government for subsidizing coal, am I acting as an agent for China?  Two Republicans on the House Committee on Natural Resources have sent a letter to the National Resource Defense Council, an environmental group, demanding the group register as a foreign agent because it praised China and criticized the U.S. on energy issues.                    

For four days I didn't read the New York Times.  Tonight I'm at my brother-in-law Tom's house, and he gets the New York Times.  This article about the NRDC was on page 8.  A front page article explained how the E.P.A. was easing the rules on chemical pollution.  Another front page article discussed how one couple was contributing $26 million to hard right candidates.

I'm beginning to understand why people don't read the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment