Friday, June 15, 2018

Fox News

Sorry I couldn't post last night.  We were in Amarillo in a cheapo motel, and the WiFi didn't work.  There was a big stain on the rug which Linda said we should walk around because it might be forensic evidence.

Yesterday we were in Santa Fe, and there is an oil pump in front of the government land office to celebrate New Mexico's discovery of oil.  The pump does not actually pump oil, but it does go up and down, powered by a solar panel.  I liked that.

I also liked that east of Amarillo we passed mile after mile of huge windmills.  Texas is one of those states that gets a good portion of its energy from renewable sources. That's right, Texas.

Tonight we are in Conway, Arkansas, about 40 miles from Little Rock.  We took a walk around Toad Suck Square in the downtown, evidently named during the 60s when hippies thought you could get high licking a toad's stomach.  At least that is what one of the locals told me.

Tomorrow, if we can find it, we will drive past the school where Eisenhower federalized the Arkansas National Guard to protect the kids integrating Central High.

One thing I have noticed is that many motels that serve breakfast also have Fox News on the TV.  I generally don't complain (I've seen "Easy Rider"), but I usually ask if the set could be switched over to the Weather Channel, and they almost always oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment