Thursday, June 28, 2018

Goodbye Justice Kennedy, and good riddance

Ok, he wasn’t a complete jerk.  He supported gay marriage.  He gave prisoners at Guantanamo the right of habeas corpus.  He saved Roe v. Wade.  

But...

He supported Citizens United.  He helped to gut the Voting Rights Act in 2013.  He voted to uphold the “Christian” baker’s right to discriminate.  He supported the travel ban.  He declined to stop gerrymandering.  His vote on union fees this week will drive the final nail in the crucifixion of labor unions.

I will not be sad to see this weak reed leave the bench.  I know his replacement will be worse, but only by a matter of degrees.  


On the other hand, pray for the good health of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, even if you are an atheist.

1 comment:

  1. I'm an atheist and I pray for Ruth EVERY SINGLE DAY. When I read about Kennedy retiring, my stomach went into a big knot. I fear for our country.

    ReplyDelete