Monday, June 4, 2018

Dead deer

Dateline: Waseon, Ohio

The town is about 35 miles from the Indiana border.  It is one of those lovely All-American midwest towns with wide streets, big houses, American flags, and a downtown full of vacant storefronts.  The courthouse, as usual, was impressive, and the post office has a nice WPA mural.

Nobody commented on my T-shirt, which has pictures of Obama, the Dali Lama, and Trump, and says underneath them "Obama, Lama, Ding Dong."  I was disappointed.

To make the trip go faster I counted dead deer along I-80 in Pennsylvania.  I got 19.

2 comments:

  1. My wife is from that area. About 10 miles south of Waseon. That area is quite republican in their voting. The people are nice but they won't change their minds when it comes to politics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was smart enough not to talk politics with them.

    ReplyDelete