Saturday, June 16, 2018

Music highway

The route signs on I-40 in Tennessee are in the shape of a guitar pick.  This, of course, is quite suitable for a road called "The Music Highway" that runs between Memphis, home of the blues, to Nashville, home of the noise that is defined as "country music."  Now we are in Knoxville, which has a very good art museum.

We did not go into Little Rock or Memphis.  Mostly we drive.

People down here sure talk funny.  I have heard that when you hear a British accent, you automatically add ten points to that person's IQ, and when you hear a Tennessee accent, you automatically subtract ten.  That's kind of mean, but I have a feeling people probably do that.

Tomorrow we make a final run home.  Once again I'll be reading the news about Trump,  the Pennsylvania legislature, Washington scandals, and all the other depressing material in the New York Times.  I sometimes wish we could just stay on the road and drive and drive and drive.


2 comments:

  1. Country music is still the best to listen to. Although, I do not care for some of the stuff some are doing. Its more pop than country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Linda said I wasn't being fair.

    ReplyDelete