Wednesday, September 25, 2019

What a long strange trip it's been

That’s a line from the song “Truckin,” written by Robert Hunter and made famous by the Grateful Dead.  Mr. Hunter, who lived in San Rafael in Marin County, died on Monday.  That line has been used more than once as an epitaph.  I love that song.

But you think I should say something about the impeachment process.  The day after Trump won the election I ordered ten bumper stickers that said “Impeach Trump.”  I put one on my pickup the day he was inaugurated   I was just ahead of my time.  (I still have eight; let me know if you want one.)

Will he be impeached?  I think so.  He certainly should be.  Will he be convicted in the Senate?  I think not.  Not with those spineless Republican Senators.  Will he win re-election if he isn’t impeached?  Probably.  This country is packed full of people who don’t understand the Constitution, don’t understand democracy, and don’t believe that we are in an environmental crisis.  


Sometimes the light’s all shinin’ on me;  other times I can barely see.  Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it’s been.

No comments:

Post a Comment