Wednesday, April 7, 2021

God's will?

 I read today that many evangelicals are saying they won’t take the vaccine for Covid because if they die, that is God’s will.  I suppose it is also God’s will if they get Covid and spread it to elderly relatives who then die.  

I never will understand this type of thinking.  Why isn’t it God’s will that scientists at Moderna and Pfizer came up with a vaccine for us to take.

This reminds me of a story of a man in a flood who climbed up on his roof while the flood waters raged.  A boat came by to pick him up, but he refused to climb in, saying “God will save me.”  

The waters kept rising and the current grew swift, and a helicopter came by and dropped a sling.  The man shouted up over the roar of the rotors, “God will save me.”  

Soon the flood waters knocked the house down, and the man was drowning.  He looked at the heavens and shouted, “God, why didn’t you save me?”  God shouted, “I already sent a boat and a helicopter.  Now drown, you dumb shit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment