Friday, April 23, 2021

Income tax completed

I do our own income tax, and I finished it today.  I completed the federal income tax yesterday and the Pennsylvania income tax today.  We pay more taxes than Amazon.  I figure that anyone who has a college education–Ph.D. for god’s sake– should be able to do his own taxes. 

Every year I am proved wrong.

I am supposed to submit my taxes quarterly, but I don’t do that.  I know I will pay a penalty, but the penalty is worth not having to go through this crap four times a year.

I also find that the Pennsylvania tax instructions are actually more obtuse than the Federal tax code.  Why can’t our legislature, which seems to have time to pass constitutional amendments to get back at the governor and can’t find the time to fix the disparities in school funding, make a simplified tax structure?  I’ll have to ask Heffley about that.

In any case, I’m finished.  Now I’ll wait for the penalty letter.

3 comments:

  1. Do use Turbo tax or other program.
    I use Turbo tax and been doing that forever it seems like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Just saying, you maybe able to save some tax money.

      Delete