Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Why Trump lost in 2020

Every thinking person knows that Trump lost to Biden in 2020, but why, and why in states like Pennsylvania that he won in 2016?  I recently read a detailed analysis that studied all the factors, and the conclusion may come as no surprise.  


Trump supporters have no one to blame but themselves.  It turns out the key factor in his loss was that his followers didn’t fly enough flags on their pickup trucks.  They didn’t display enough “Fuck Biden” flags, nor did they have nearly enough “Fuck your feelings” flags or confederate flags or those snakey “don’t tread on me” flags.  I myself saw pickups with only one Trump flag flying.  It was their own fault.

1 comment:

  1. I still sometimes replay the 2016 pres. election in my head and for me, it comes down to "What was Trump's appeal?" I didn't (and still don't) understand the slavish devotion to Trump. What makes a coal miner in West Virginia "ride or die" for a two-bit Florida by way of New York conman and greasy, cheap real-estate bamboozle artist?

    I sometimes think the efforts by the Kremlin to push Trump into the White House were *that* good, but then I remind myself that can't possibly explain his broad appeal, especially among people who had voted for Obama just four short years before.

    ReplyDelete