Thursday, August 10, 2023

Yankee Doodle revisited

In the first few years of the American Revolution the British soldiers made fun of the American soldiers with a song entitled “Yankee Doodle.”  American soldiers liked the tune and soon made it their own song, which must have irritated the British soldiers no end. 


We are doing the same thing.  Trumpists thought they were being so clever by using the term “Let’s go Brandon” as a short-hand term for “Fuck Biden.”  We have a sign at our fair booth that says “Brandon won–by seven million votes.”  It is really irritating Trumpists.  


If you are thinking we should be reaching out rather than irritating people, do you really think that people that think Biden lost would ever come over to our side?  I don’t.  I want to have some fun.

2 comments:

  1. At first, I thought this was going to be about co-opting "Lock [him] up!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ours is more subtle, but I like your suggestion as well.

    ReplyDelete