Saturday, August 10, 2024

Staffing the Democratic Party booth at the Carbon County Fair

This year it was fun.  Linda and I worked from 2-5 in the afternoon.  We kept a list of nice people and nasty people.  We filled the page with nice people and had only two nasty people, and even they weren’t that  bad.  One held his nose, and one said “no no no.”


We met a woman who took a “Choice” yard sign, we took three Kamala Harris yard sign orders, we met people from Schuylkill, Northampton, Bucks, and Monroe counties, all of whom were glad to see us.  We met people who admired Biden for dropping out but were glad he did.  We talked to a lady from England who liked Harris.  I talked to John C. who reads this blog every day, but whom I haven’t seen in two years.  


Almost everyone who stopped by felt good about our chances, felt encouraged, felt a wave of optimism.  I don’t just think Harris will win.  I think she will win, to quote Trump, “bigly.”

1 comment: