Tuesday, August 20, 2024

The Obama convention speeches

I had a post all ready to go, and then I listened to the Michele Obama and Barack Obama’s speeches.  Oratory is not dead.  Hope is not dead.  The “bonds of affection” are not dead.

I have been writing and calling people in Carbon County to take Harris/Walz yard signs.  I’ve had a good response.  Could I do more?  Of course.  Will I do more?  You better believe it.  I am all in.  I’ve been all in before for more candidates than I want to list here, but I never before felt, as I do now, that the future of my country and even the world was at risk. 

2 comments:

  1. Michelle was amazing! The speakers yesterday and tonight have almost all been inspiring and made me proud to be a Democrat. I especially loved Jasmine Crockett. I think she'll go far in politics, and from Texas no less.

    I'm looking forward to getting yard signs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orders for yard signs are overwhelming. I'm hoping they arrive soon.

    ReplyDelete