Thursday, August 1, 2024

Two encounters with strangers while wearing a Kamala Harris Tee Shirt

Two encounters with strangers while wearing a Kamala Harris Tee Shirt

Yesterday I received my tee shirt with a stylized picture of Kamala Harris.  I wore it today.


Encounter #1:  As I was leaving a Staples store in Allentown, I saw a woman taking a picture with her cell phone.  I don’t know what she was photographing, but I said, “Hey, would you like to take a picture of my tee shirt?”


She said, “Who’s that?  I don’t pay attention to the news.”


I said, “Kamala Harris.  She’s running for President.”


“She is? 


“Yes, Biden dropped out.”


“He did? 


“Yes, last week.  She’s running now.  She’ll be the first Black woman to be elected President.”


“Oh, I’ll have to look into that.”


Encounter # 2:  As I was leaving the “Art on Center” building in Jim Thorpe carrying a box of Bob Casey yard signs, a woman offered to help, but I told her could manage.  Then I said, “How do you like my tee shirt?”


She looked and replied, “Not very much.”


I asked, “Were you glad that Biden dropped out?”


She replied, “No, I wasn’t.  He would have been easier to beat.”


Maybe I should stop talking to strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment